OOMG at Ocean Sciences Meeting 2018
Members of OOMG attended the Ocean Sciences meeting in Portland, OR in February 2018. The professional conference was hosted by the American Geophysical Union, the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography, and The Oceanography Society. OOMG members were active at the conference, giving presentations, displaying posters, and serving on a town hall panel:
Town Hall Panel:
- Ocean Observatories Initiative Facility Board Town Hall. R. He.
- Marine Biogeochemical Responses to a Large Gulf Stream Offshore Meander. H. Zong, R. He, and X. Zeng.
- Investigation of Precipitation on Upper-Ocean Stratification During Hurricanes Irene (2011) and Harvey (2017). J. Zambon, R. He, J. C. Warner, and H. Zong.
- Marine Biogeochemical Responses to a Large Gulf Stream Offshore Meander. H. Zong.
- High Resolution Wave Modeling for Characterizing Wave Energy Resources Along the U.S East Coast. M. N. Allahdadi.
- Modeling Study of Physical-Biogeochemical Processes Associated With the “Green River” in the Gulf of Mexico. R. He and H. Zong.
- Modeling Processes Driving Exchanges Near Cape Hatteras, NC. X. Zeng, R. He, and J. Bane.
- Mesoscale and Submesoscale Mechanisms Behind Asymmetric Cooling and Hurricane-Induced Phytoplankton Blooms. L. McGee.
- Subantarctic Mode Water and Pycnocline Ventilation. B. Johnson.